Property Management is proud to offer all office tenants a comprehensive single stream recycling program as part of our standard building services. In addition to paper and cardboard, all metal, plastic, styrofoam, or glass items with the recycling symbol 1-7 can be placed in the recycling bins. Recycling bins are placed in centrally located areas within tenant suites and emptied as needed by the janitorial staff.
Acceptable materials include:
- paper of any color
- all glossy paper
- newspaper, magazines
- envelopes, including those with windows and/or labels
- all folders those with metal hangers and/or hooks
- computer paper, NCR (carbonless) forms and checks
- paper that has been paper clipped, stapled, and/or taped
- notebooks or folders that have plastic tabs or are bound together with plastic or wire spirals
- glass or aluminum bottles and cans marked with the recycling symbol 1-7
- Wax-lined paper cups without the recycling symbol 1 - 7, as long as the wax lining has not been permeated by a liquid (coffee or tea soaked cups are not acceptable)
Unacceptable materials include:
- overnight mail packaging
- carbon papers
- paper towels, tissue paper
- plastic, styrofoam or waxed cups (with the exception of those marked with the recycling symbol 1 - 7 and paper cups with a wax lining that has not been soaked through)
- waxed paper
- plastic bags
- items that have to be dismantled into separate materials (staplers, pens, etc.)
Each night, our cleaners collect the trash in one bin and the recycling in another. Sometimes there are separate porters for trash and recycling, while at other times they will bring the bins together. Trash and recycling are placed in separate compactors on the loading dock. The trash is then removed and disposed of while the recycling is picked up and brought to a sorting facility to separate and recycle the various elements.
As plastic liners are not recyclable, recycle bins are not lined. It is the responsibility of the tenant to make sure these bins remain clean. If you are interested in having plastic liners placed in these bins, please contact the management office for a proposal as this is a billable expense.
All paper leaves the property weekly in locked compactors and is bailed at the recycling company’s warehouse. Although confidentiality is reasonably preserved through this process, tenants may choose to shred particularly sensitive documents before placing them in the recycling receptacles.
By fully utilizing the desk side recycle bin, your occupants can:
- contribute to the environment by recycling more waste
- reduce operating expenses